Become a Member
3.1. Any lawyer, law student or person from 16 to 35 years who, abides this Charter, by his/her activities contributes to the implementation of the statutory goals of the organization, pays entrance and membership fees, can become a member of the Organization.
3.2. A teenager between the ages of sixteen and eighteen, if not fully recognized in accordance with the law, may join the Organization on the basis of his/her application with the written consent of the legal representative
3.3. The decision to admit a new member to the Organization according to his/her written application is adopted by the Organization’s Board by the recommendation of at least two members of the Board.
3.4. The Organization keeps records of its members and periodically updates their data. The procedure and conditions by which records are to be kept is determined by the Board of the Organization.
3.5. The members of the Organization pay an entrance fee and membership fees. The Board of the Organization determines the amount of the fees and the form of their payment.
3.6. Withdrawal from membership of the Organization is either carried out upon the member’s written application or by the decision of the Board of the Organization by dismissal of the member for either failure to perform his/her duties or failure to perform them in a proper manner as defined by point 3.8 of this Charter.
3.7. The member of the Organization has the right to:
- elect and be elected to the governing bodies of the Organization;
- bring suggestions, remarks, and practical programs referring to the plans and activities of the Organization to the discussion of the governing bodies of the Organization;
- freely express his/her personal opinion;
- obtain legal, financial, technical, informational, and other types of assistance from the Organization;
- be aware of the work carried out by the Organization;
- participate in sessions of the General Assembly of the Organization if they are held with the participation of delegates and he/she hasn’t been elected as a delegate;
- have access to the documents with records on the activities of the Organization’s bodies and get copies of the decisions adopted;
- appeal the decisions of the Organization’s bodies in written form in accordance with the principle of superiority;
- dispute the decisions of the Organization’s body, including the decisions of the supreme body of the Organization in court in the order defined by the RA Law;
- and freely terminate his/her membership in the Organization.
3.8. The member of the Organization has the responsibility to:
- pay entrance and membership fees in the amount and manner prescribed;
- participate and assist in the activities of the Organization;
- uphold the reputation of the Organization by his/her activities and conduct and refrain from acting on behalf of the Organization without the authorization of the competent body of the Organization;
- act in accordance with the Charter of the Organization and abide by the requirements of the Organization’s Charter and the decisions of its governing bodies.
3.9. The Organization may award the title of Honorary President and Honorary Member of the Organization. The title of Honorary President of the Organization is awarded by the decision of the Board of the Organization to a well-known figure having at least a 20 years of contribution to the development of the community of young lawyers and a great reputation in the field. The Honorary President of the Organization is the Senior Adviser of the Board of the Organization, at the invitation of the Board, participates in the meetings of the Board with the right of consultative vote. Apart from the above, the Honorary President of the Organization has no other rights or responsibilities. The honorary members of the Organization have no rights and responsibilities.
3.10. The members as well as the associate and honorary members of the Organization have no right of share in the property of the Organization.
3.11.The Board of the Organization is entitled to both support the members of the Organization and impose disciplinary action on them in case they violate the Charter provisions. The form of support and discipline is determined by the Board of the Organization.